Movies and books have kicked up so many iconic lines over the years. Some I really love and I wish I’d said them. Not one to be deterred, I’ve made it my aim shoehorn in some of my favorite movie lines in my conversation at some point in my life. Not to just quote them, but use them because they’re apt to the conversation I’m having at the time. I may have to manufacture some situations to be able to squeeze some of these in, but I think all these are doable at some point.
Here’s what I hope to say one day:
1. This was no boating accident.
2. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.
3. Forget it, Jake, it’s Chinatown.
4. I see dead people
5. Nobody puts ‘Baby’ in a corner
6. You’re going to need a bigger boat.
7. I find your lack of faith disturbing.
8. I’m the Dude. So that’s what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you’re not into the whole brevity thing.
9. Soylent Green is people!
10. Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker.
11. I am a Death Dealer.
12. Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!
13. You could warn them…if only you spoke Hovitos!
14. I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
15. I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
That’s my list, but what about yours. What famous lines do you hope to say in real life?